Construction Lien & Bond Claims and Subcontractor Default Insurance
Whether you are an industry professional starting a new job, a property owner looking to undertake a construction or renovation project, or a surety issuing payment or performance bonds for construction projects in Florida, the construction attorneys at Vincent F. Vaccarella, P.A. are ready to help you navigate Florida’s Construction Lien Law, Chapter 713 of the Florida Statutes. Although the lien laws are in place to protect industry professionals and property owners, the failure to follow their strict requirements can result in costly mishaps. Our experienced attorneys will provide you with the necessary assistance to avoid these potentially devastating mistakes.
Defaults and the resulting bond issues are another area of concern for the industry. As an owner or contractor on a construction project, you expect your contractor or subcontractor to perform as contracted. Our lawyers at Vincent F. Vaccarella, P.A. are experienced in representing owners and sureties when a project is facing a challenge or in the event a contractor defaults and fails to honor its agreements.
On the other hand, when you have provided labor, material, or services for a construction project, you have an expectation of being paid as agreed before the project began. For many different reasons, payment may not be forthcoming. You may have a right to payment under a payment bond or construction lien. We can help you ensure you are able to collect.
We provide our clients with lien guidance through all phases of construction so that their focus can stay on the project at hand and not the legal formalities. Whether it’s prejobnotices or postjob lien foreclosures, payment bond claims, or performance bond claims, or analysis of liabilities thereunder,let our knowledgeable team help assist you in your next project.
Common Construction Lien/Bond Forms:
- Notice of Commencement
- Notice of Recommencement
- Owner’s Affidavit of Intention to Recommence Construction
- Notice of Termination
- Notice to Owner
- Demand for Copy of Contract and Statement
- Demand for Statement of Account
- Directions to Apply Payment to Account
- Claim of Lien
- Notice of § 713.23, Fla. Stat., Payment Bond – Private Project
- Lienor’s Request for Copy of Payment Bond
- Notice to Contractor § 713.23, Fla. Stat. Bond
- Notice of Nonpayment
- Notice of Bond – After Lien Recorded
- Payment Bond
- Notice of Contest of Lien
- Contractor’s Final Payment Affidavit
- Conditional Partial Release of Lien
- Waiver and Release of Lien upon Final Payment
- Waiver of Right to Claim Against the Payment Bond
- Notice of Contest of Payment