Benjamin Franklin once said: “An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.” Such adage is well applied to construction contracts. A well thought out construction contract, which properly allocates risks to the party best able to mitigate them is a blueprint for a successful construction relationship. This forward-looking approach has resulted in the firm’s success drafting and advising our clients on billions of dollars of construction contracts for some of the highest profile residential, construction projects throughout Florida and the Caribbean.
The attorneys at Vincent F. Vaccarella, P.A. are well versed in the review and modification of many of the standard construction form agreements including those drafted by the American Institute of Architects, the Associated General Contractors, and the Association of Engineering Contractors. The firm’s experience includes:
- Construction General Contracts and Subcontracts, (Cost Plus, Guaranteed Maximum Price, Lump Sum, Unit Price).
- Subcontract Contingent Payment Clauses, or Pay-When-Paid Provisions
- Change Orders and Contract Modifications
- Indemnification Agreements
- Statutory and Common-Law Payment and Performance Bonds, Including Miller Act and Little Miller Act Bonds, Standard AIA-311 and 312 Forms, and Other Bonds
- Design-Build Contracts
- Commercial General Liability (CGL) and other Liability Insurance Policies
- Settlement Agreements, Assignments, and Releases of Liability
- Closeout Agreements
At Vincent F. Vaccarella, P.A., we work hard to ensure that the front side investment our clients make in contract negotiations position them for success in whatever endeavor they undertake.